Amanda Schilling (also known as Saraswati Devi)
Amanda has studied and practiced various forms of meditation over the last 15 years. In this time she has also studied and practiced the healing effects of mantra chanting/singing.
Amanda has over 10 years experience working as an Electrical Engineer and applies the same fact finding, scientific approach to learning mediation as she does engineering.
Meditation has had a profound effect on Amandas life. It has enabled her to overcome many challenges and transform her life into one that is truly joyful, peaceful and fulfilling. With the deepest gratitude and a heart full of love she is dedicating her life to help others transform into more joy and peace.
Her passion, enthusiasm, warmness and joyfulness helps people in her classes feel immediately comfortable and interested.
Over the last 6 years Amanda has received regular training and mentoring from her two spiritual teachers Sri Sakthi Amma and Shakti Durga
- 2018 - present: Regular visits to India for support, training and guidance from Spiritual Teacher Sri Sakthi Amma. During her time in India Amanda also voluntarily works daily at Ammas school helping students aged 10 - 15 years improve their English.
- 2017: Certified meditation facilitator with Shanti Mission.
- 2013 - 2018 : Training and spiritual practice with Shakti Durga and other senior teachers within the Australian spiritual school Shanti Mission. The areas of focus were meditation, energy healing, vedic mantra and study of eastern and western philosophy.
- 2009 - 2013: One on one mentoring and training in Energy Healing, Meditation and Metaphysics with Joanne Rogers of Reintegrate, Australia.
- 2002 - 2008: Regular self practice along with teachings from Buddhist Monks in Thailand and Australia in Vipassana Buddhist meditation.